Excellent color display. Summer of 2012. I placed in pot by water feature and my pond toad liked to relax on it.
Merlin's Magic Coleus Plectranthus scutellarioides
- Sun or Shade
The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
Extremely compact, uniform foliage featuring a blend of rich purple, green and pink tonesAward WinnerAdaptable As HouseplantFoliage InterestHeat TolerantDeadheading Not NecessaryAttracts:BirdsHummingbirdsResists:Deer
CharacteristicsPlant Type:AnnualHeight Category:MediumGarden Height:10 - 16 InchesSpacing:12 - 16 InchesSpread:12 - 16 InchesFoliage Colors:GreenFoliage Colors:PinkFoliage Shade:MulticoloredHabit:UprightContainer Role:Thriller
Plant NeedsLight Requirement:Sun or ShadeMaintenance Category:EasyBloom Time:Grown for FoliageHardiness Zones:10a, 10b, 11a, 11bWater Category:AverageUses:ContainerUses:LandscapeUses Notes:
Use in beds, borders and containersMaintenance Notes:
Many people feel that coleus look best before they flower. To keep foliage in top shape, pinch off the blooms as they appear if you wish.
Rules of Thumb for Overwintering Plants Indoors:
1. Choose only healthy plants
2. Bring Plants indoors before frost damages foliage
3. Treat for disease and insects before bringing plants indoors
4. Place in bright areas and add humidity using pebble trays or spray bottles
5. Be careful not to over water
6 When active growth starts in spring fertilize and prune as needed
7. Introduce your plants slowly to outdoor conditions in spring
541321Browse reviews from people who have grown this plant.
MaggieMay, Wisconsin, United States, 8 years ago
Award Year Award Plant Trial 2008 Top Performer Michigan State University 2008 Top Performer Michigan State University 2008 Top Performer Michigan State University
- In VogueRECIPESun14"Pot SizeCatalina® Pink teams up with these foliage varieties to show that it doesn't have to be f...
What you'll need: